- The University of Technology, Sydney (UTS) commissioned Gehry Partners, LLP, to design a new 15,500m2 Faculty of Business building in Ultimo, NSW, to replace the previous home of the business school in the UTS Haymarket Building.
- The UTS Faculty of Business building contains teaching spaces, research spaces, faculty offices, a faculty boardroom and function area, as well as support facilities including large student lounges, outdoor roof terraces, and a publicly accessible café and satellite café. The schedule of accommodation calls for 10,133 net square metres of space with 24 teaching spaces and classrooms and 495 positions for research and faculty work divided between enclosed offices, open office workstations, and shared workstations. Parking for about 30 cars is provided in a basement level along with bicycle parking and shower rooms for students and staff who choose to cycle to the business school.
- The preliminary construction budget was $102,500,000 measured in 2010 Australian dollars. The project estimated out-turn cost for construction is circa $125 million inclusive of FF&E and which also included AV equipment.
- The estimated construction timeframe was for 3 years 6 months to practical completion of the building (completed in 2015).
- BM+G were engaged as Crown Certifiers, issuing crown certificates and completions certificates, and also attendance of progress site inspections.
- University of Technology, Sydney